Valentine’s Day PayDay Bars – A chewy crust topped with marshmallows, peanuts, M&M’s and more. These festive cookie bars are the perfect Valentine’s Day treat!
Are you looking for a fun and festive treat for a Valentine’s Day party this year? If so, you’ve come to the right place because I have the BEST Valentine’s Day treat ever! These delicious PayDay bars are the perfect combination of sweet and salty. A chewy crust is topped with marshmallows, peanuts and more creating a tasty dessert that tastes even better than the candy bar they are named after.
Ingredients needed to make PayDay Bars
It might seem like a long list of ingredients, but you probably already have some of these ingredients in your pantry and these bars are so good that it’s worth the trip to store if you need items on this list.
- Yellow Cake Mix
- An Egg
- Miniature Marshmallows
- Light Corn Syrup
- Brown Sugar
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Rice Cereal
- Salted Peanuts
- Valentine’s Day M&M’s
How to make Valentine’s Day PayDay Bars
This recipe starts with a chewy crust made with cake mix, butter and an egg. Mix together and press into a baking dish. Bake until golden brown.
While the crust is baking, you’ll need to melt sugar, and corn syrup together with peanut butter.
Once the crust is done, remove from the oven and top with a layer of marshmallows. Bake for a few minutes so marshmallows can puff.
Add rice cereal and peanuts to peanut butter sauce and mix together.
Remove pan from oven and immediately spoon peanut butter cereal mixture over marshmallows. Sprinkle with M&M’s and let cool before cutting.
These bars only take about 20 minutes to make because you have to move quickly but that’s good because then you just pop them into the refrigerate until you’ll ready to serve them.
Don’t they look delicious? I better hide them because I really want to eat the entire pan without sharing with anyone. It’s a good thing I’m taking them to Easton’s school tomorrow because I would probably eat them all. I promise you will LOVE these pay day bars! And, guess what? Use regular M&M’s for a delicious sweet treat that you can enjoy all year long.
Looking for more Delicious Valentine’s Day Desserts?
Valentine’s Day PayDay Bars
Valentine’s Day PayDay Bars – A chewy crust topped with marshmallows, peanuts, M&M’s and more. These festive cookies bars are the perfect Valentine’s Day treat!
- 1 stick of butter (softened)
- 1 package of yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 3 cups of miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups rice cereal
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 cup M&M’s
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix butter and cake mix in large bowl. Add egg and continue mixing.
- Spread dough into 9×13 baking pan and bake for 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and add marshmallows to top of crust. Place back in oven for 3 minutes.
- Combine corn syrup, sugar, and brown sugar to saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring until it starts to boil (about 3-4 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla. Stir in cereal and peanuts. Spoon over marshmallows and spread evenly. Sprinkle M&M’s over peanut butter cereal mixture.
- Let bars cool completely before cutting.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
Now, what would be a clever name for these yummy treats? Or if you know what they are called, besides Scarecrow treats, please share.