The Best Vegetable Soup Recipe
A hearty Vegetable Soup that’s packed full of vegetables! There’s nothing better than a warm bowl of soup on a chilly winter day and this hearty vegetable soup recipe is the best!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 bag (10 oz.) frozen green beans
- 1 bag (10 oz.) frozen corn
- 1 can (15 oz.) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups vegetable juice
- 3 cups water
- fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large stockpot. Add carrots, onions, celery and green pepper to pot. Saute until crisp-tender. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover. Cook on low heat for 1 hour or until vegetable are tender.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Serve in individual bowls with fresh parsley
Refrigerate for up to 4 days. Freeze for up to 6 months.