Layers of cake, fresh strawberries, and homemade whipped cream create these delicious Strawberry Shortcake Parfaits. Perfect for entertaining or a relaxing night at home. And, you gotta love any dessert served in a wine glass.
You can’t celebrate a birthday with out cake, right? At least I can’t because I LOVE cake. I really just love anything sweet.
I celebrated my birthday last week and and my parents came down to visit us. As soon as my mom got here, she wanted to know what kind of cake I wanted for my birthday. So, I requested my favorite dessert – Strawberry Shortcake! The key to making this dessert is homemade whipped cream. You have to make your own whipped cream. It’s just a must. You can whip up a box cake or you can make your favorite vanilla cake but you have to make homemade whipped cream.
It’s also important that you get strawberries, cake, and whipped cream in each and every bite so don’t be afraid to add lots of strawberries and whipped cream when assembling your parfaits. The more the better.
I’ve also come to the conclusion that all desserts should be served in a wine glass. It just makes it way more fun and it looks so pretty. Stock up on wine glasses at your local dollar store and then you have wine glasses for your nightly glass of wine.
Make these delicious Strawberry Shortcake Parfaits in wine glasses for the perfect birthday treat.
And, thanks mom for making my favorite birthday cake every year. You’re the best!!Print
Strawberry Shortcake Parfaits
- 1 box yellow cake mix + ingredients to make cake
- 1 pint strawberries
- 2 cups cold heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare cake according to package directions. Let cool. Cut into one inch squares.
- Slice strawberries and set aside
- Add whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla to bowl. Mix on high speed until soft peaks form.
- To assemble parfaits, alternate layers of cake, whipped cream, and strawberry slices.