Strawberry Crumb Bars – A buttery shortbread crust with a fresh strawberry filling and topped with a crumbly streusel topping. An easy dessert that everyone will love!
One of our favorite things to do in May is pick strawberries. There are a ton of local farms in our area where we can pick strawberries. There is even an annual strawberry festival that we go to the last weekend in May. So, you know what that means – we have TONS of strawberries in our refrigerator. We tend to pick a lot but that means we have to eat them fast.
I made the best Strawberry Crumb Bars last weekend with the strawberries that we had leftover and I’m so excited to share this delicious recipe with you. It’s a great dessert but I think they’re also perfect for breakfast.
These crumb bars include a buttery shortbread crust, a sweet fruit layer full of fresh strawberries, and are then topped with a crumbly streusel topping. What’s not to love about that?!
You better stock up on strawberries so you can make these delicious Strawberry Crumb Bars. And, stay tuned for more strawberry recipes because we still have some in our freezer.
What’s your favorite recipe that includes strawberries?Print
Strawberry Crumb Bars
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 cups strawberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons corn starch
- 1/4 cup of oats
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray or line with aluminum foil.
- In medium bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut in the butter using two knives, a fork, or pastry blender until pieces are no bigger than the size of a pea.
- Stir in the egg to create a crumbly dough.
- Press half of the dough into an even layer in prepared pan.
- Toss strawberries with sugar and cornstarch. Spread strawberry mixture over crust in pan.
- Mix oats, brown sugar and chopped walnuts with remaining dough. Crumble dough mixture over strawberry layer.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Let cool and cut into bars.