If your looking for a delicious breakfast that’s sweet and buttery, then you’ve come to the right place. These Srawberry and Cream danishes are the perfect combination – sweet strawberries and cream filling all on a buttery biscuit.
We had family visiting over the weekend and I made these Strawberry and Cream Danishes. They’re so easy that Connor was able to help plus the entire pan was gone in less than 5 minutes. I would definitely recommend doubling the recipe – maybe even triple it.
So easy and so tasty! We will definitely be making these again very soon. We just have to make them every weekend for breakfast.Print
Strawberry and Cream Danishes
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 packages refrigerated biscuit dough
- 1 – 8 oz. package reduced fat cream cheese (or regular)
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine strawberries, 1/4 cup sugar, cornstarch and water in a small saucepan and cook over medium low heat.
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese, remaining sugar and egg until smooth.
- Remove biscuits from packaging but do not separate. Using a sharp knife, cut dough about 1/2 inch thick. Place dough sections on baking sheet. Create an indentation in the center of each dough section.
- Place a tablespoon of cream cheese mixture and strawberries in center of each dough section.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until dough is golden brown.
- While biscuits cool, make the icing by whisking together the powdered sugar, almond extract and milk. Drizzle the icing over the danishes.
How delicious do these danishes look?