This Sausage and Red Pepper Quiche is a delicious and easy quiche recipe that is perfect for breakfast, brunch, and dinner. A flavorful meal full of eggs, cheese, sausage, and red peppers all baked in a flaky crust.
Are you looking for an easy breakfast or dinner recipe? If so, you’ve come to the right place because this Sausage and Red Pepper Quiche is sure to become a family favorite.
Quiches are perfect for both breakfast and dinner. This best thing about this recipe is that it’s so easy to prepare making it perfect for busy weeknights and great for breakfast on the weekends. It’s also one of the best recipes to make for brunches, baby showers, bridal showers and more.
What is Quiche?
Quiche is a savory custard made with eggs and cheese and served in a pie crust. You can also make crustless quiche if you want to make a low carb version. The best thing about making quiche is that you can add a variety of add-ins. In this quiche recipe I used sausage, and red peppers but you can easily swap those out for your favorite meat and vegetables.
Ingredients Needed to Make Quiche
- Pie Crust – I always use a 9 inch frozen pie crust to make it easier.
- Milk and Cream – For the best tasting quiche, use a combination of milk and heavy cream or use half and half. If you only have whole milk, you can still make this quiche recipe and it will still taste great.
- Italian Sausage – I’ve used sweet Italian sausage, spicy sausage and turkey sausage and it always tastes great. You can also use any type of meat for this recipe – ham, bacon, etc.
- Red Pepper – I love the combination of the sausage and peppers but feel free to add other veggies or swap the peppers for your favorite veggie.
- Eggs – 3 large eggs are needed for this recipe.
- Cheese – This recipe calls for cheddar and parmesan cheese. I recommend buying the blocks of cheese and shredding yourself because it always tastes better.
- Salt and Pepper – Season with salt and pepper to taste.
How to Make Sausage and Red Pepper Quiche
- Bake Pie Crust – I keep this recipe really simple by using a pre-made pie shell but you can definitely use your favorite homemade pie crust.
- Prepare Add-ins – Cook meat, cut veggies and saute, and shred cheese before adding to pie crust.
- Combine Eggs, Milk, and Cream – Whisk together eggs, milk, and cream in small bowl.
- Bake Quiche – Pour egg mixture over fillings in pie crust and bake in oven.
Make Ahead and Freezing Instructions
Quiche is the perfect make-ahead recipe and there are a few ways you can prep them ahead of time. Prepare and bake quiche according to the recipe directions. Remove from oven and let cool. Store covered in refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or microwave individual slices.
To freeze, prepare and bake quiche. Once it’s cooled, cover tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil, place in a freezer bag, and freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to serve, remove from freezer and thaw in refrigerator or on the counter. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until warm.
More Easy Breakfast RecipesPrint
Sausage and Red Pepper Quiche Recipe
This sausage and red pepper quiche is a delicious and easy quiche recipe that is perfect for breakfast, brunch, and dinner. A flavorful meal full of eggs, cheese, sausage, and red peppers all baked in flaky crust.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 – 9 inch frozen pie shell
- 3/4 pounds hot or sweet sausage (I used sweet turkey sausage)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or half & half
- 1/4 cup milk
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Bake shell in for 7 min or until it just golden.
- While shell is baking, remove sausage from casings and cook in large skillet. Dice red pepper and add to skillet. Break up sausage and stir until sausage is no longer pink. Drain mixture, discarding excess fat.
- Mix sausage and cheese in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the mixture in the bottom of the pie shell.
- Whisk together eggs, half and half and milk in bowl. Pour egg mixture over sausage mixture and bake on baking sheet for 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until center of quiche is no longer runny.