Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
For the sugar coating:
- 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Mix together butter, sugar and brown sugar using an electric mixer. Add pumpkin puree, egg, and vanilla and continue to mix until well blended.
- In separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until fully incorporated.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350degrees. Mix coating ingredients in small bowl.
- Form dough into 2 inch balls. Roll into the sugar mixture and set on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.