This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CarnationSweepstakes #BetterBreakfast #CollectiveBias
I’ve mentioned before how crazy our mornings are. I’m always looking for quick and easy breakfast ideas that are also healthy and won’t leave our stomachs growling an hour later. I need something that I can make for Connor in about 3 minutes and then he has about 10 minutes to eat. I was looking for ideas that I could prep or make ahead of time. I took the Carnation 7-Day Challenge and found two make-ahead breakfast recipes that I know you’re going to love.
First, I made spinach and fruit smoothie packs that I can freeze ahead of time. These aren’t just smoothies. They are smoothie packs that you make ahead of time to help make individual smoothies quicker and easier. I’m all about quick and easy recipes! I make 8 every Sunday after I go grocery shopping and it has made making our breakfast smoothies a life saver in the mornings.
Spinach and Fruit Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup of spinach
- 2 cups of fruit (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 packet of French Vanilla Carnation Breakfast Essentials®
- 1 avocado or 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (optional)
- Prepare smoothie freezer packs by adding spinach and fruit to small freezer bags. Place in freezer until you’re ready to make your smoothie.
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
I also started making Chocolate Banana Pancakes on Sunday for the entire week. I freeze two in ziplock bags and then just pop them in the toaster in the morning. These are great because Connor can make them by himself and likes to eat them with and without syrup.
Chocolate Banana Pancakes Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 small, over-ripe banana, peeled (the browner, the better)
- 1 (8 oz) bottle Rich Milk Chocolate Carnation Breakfast Essentials®
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
- In small bowl, mash bananas with a fork until almost smooth. Whisk in eggs, milk and vanilla and mix until well blended. Pour the banana mixture and the melted butter into the flour mixture. Mix batter gently with a rubber spatula until blended. Don’t worry if the batter is thick and lumpy. You don’t want to over mix.
- Set a griddle or non-stick pan over medium heat until hot. Spray with cooking spray. Drop batter onto the griddle, spacing the pancakes about 2 inches apart. Cook for about 2 minutes or until holes start to form on sides of each pancake and the underside is golden brown. Flip the pancakes over and cook until the bottom is golden brown 1 to 2 minutes more. Transfer the pancakes to a serving plate and continue making pancakes with remaining batter.
- Spray griddle with more cooking spray and continue making pancakes with remaining batter.
- Serve the pancakes while still hot with maple syrup and sliced bananas.
Freeze extra pancakes in freezer bags for a quick breakfast throughout the week.
This recipe made 16 pancakes which gave us plenty to freeze and eat for the week. And I’m totally hooked on banana pancakes. The Carnation Breakfast Essentials® provides just the right amount of chocolate along with 10 grams of protein, 21 vitamins and minerals, and calcium & vitamin D to help build strong bones. Just what Connor and I need to help start our busy days.
I don’t know about you but running late in the morning can stress me out which can just ruin my entire morning. That’s why I was excited about the Carnation 7-Day Challenge. These two recipes along with Carnation Breakfast Essentials® has helped make breakfast time so much easier. I’m no longer rushing to get Connor to the bus and I’m no longer shoving food in my mouth as I leave the house.
And now it’s your turn! Carnation Breakfast Essentials® wants you to get into a better breakfast routine. Take the 7-Day Breakfast Challenge and enjoy a nutritious breakfast every day for 7 days.
Ready to get started? Follow these easy steps:
- Sign up at CarnationBreakfastChallenge.com.
- Complete a simple yet fun breakfast mission for a chance to win. New prizes will be revealed every day!
- Come back any day in February to complete missions and see new prizes. The prizes range from a Fitbit to a GoPro and other awesome stuff!
- Head to your favorite store to purchase a Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Nutritional Product and upload your receipt for five extra entries per day.
Head to your local Kroger to pick up Carnation Breakfast Essentials® and get into a better breakfast routine!
What are some of your favorite breakfast recipes to make when you’re in a hurry? Please share so I can check them out.