Make Homemade Peppermint Lip Balm and Hand Scrub for all your favorite people this holiday season.
The holidays will be here before we know it which means two things – it’s time to start buying Christmas gifts and it’s time to get the house ready for guests.
Today I’m sharing two awesome homemade gift ideas that will make great hostess gifts and party favors. These are both perfect for the holiday season because I added a few drops of Nature’s Truth Peppermint Essential Oil to both recipes.
Homemade Peppermint Lip Balm and Hand Scrub
I’m a little obsessed with making homemade beauty products. I never realized how easy it was to make homemade lip balm until a few weeks ago. And I love the way my hands feel after applying a good hand scrub, so it only made sense that these would make perfect holiday gifts.
Guess what? Both recipes only require three ingredients which makes them both inexpensive.
Homemade Peppermint Lip Balm
- 2 tablespoons beeswax pastilles
- 2 tablespoons Nature’s Truth sweet almond oil
- 3 – 5 drops Nature’s Truth peppermint essential oil
- Add beeswax and almond oil to double boiler. Heat over medium heat until beeswax melts. Remove pan from heat and add essential oil.
- Pour mixture into small containers. My tin containers are actually small tin favor containers I found in the party section of my local craft store.
- Let lip balm sit at room temperature until cooled and completely hardened.
- Add decorative sticker or label to container.
This recipe makes one small container of lip balm and takes less than 5 minutes to make so feel free to multiply the recipe by 5 or 10 or whatever you want or just make a few at a time. I promise, it won’t take long and you’ll love your homemade lip balm.
Peppermint Hand Scrub
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup Nature’s Truth sweet almond oil
- 1o – 15 drops Nature’s Truth peppermint essential oil
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes (optional)
- Add all ingredients to small bowl. Mix until ingredients are well combined. If mixture it too wet, add more sugar. If it’s too dry add more oil.
- Spoon mixture into small mason jars. Decorate with ribbon, gift tags, and/or scrapbook paper.
This recipe makes enough to fill two small mason jars and takes about 3 minutes to make.
That’s it! You just made Homemade Peppermint Lip Balm and Hand Scrub in a matter of minutes.
I made 12 Homemade Peppermint Lip Balms for a Cookie Exchange party I’m hosting. I think these are awesome party favors and I’m going to make more so I have hostess gifts ready. I made a triple batch of the Peppermint Hand Scrub so I can keep one in our bathroom and wrap the other two for gifts.
These are both such easy gifts to make and once you buy all the ingredients you need, you can make a lot. You’ll have enough essential oil, almond oil, beeswax, and sugar to make multiple batches of both recipes.
I love finding new and creative DIY projects that incorporate essential oils and I’m happy to know that I can find Nature’s Truth Essential Oils at the stores I shop at on a regular basis. You can use essential oils is so many ways – soaps, candles, and of course in a diffuser. My favorite essential oil scents are peppermint and lavender. I LOVE all things peppermint this time of year and I can’t wait to use the lavender essential oil to make more gifts.