Heart Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar for rolling (optional)
- 48 chocolate hearts
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray heart cupcake pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat shortening, butter, and peanut butter until well blended.
- Add sugars and brown sugar. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, milk and vanilla. Continue to mix.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Shape the dough into 1″ balls, and roll or shake them in sugar. Press dough into each heart. Sprinkle more sugar over dough.
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes, or until they appear set in the center. Remove from oven and let cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack and place one chocolate heart on each cookie.
- Let cookies cool completely. Store covered at room temperature.