I’ve got another delicious recipe for you today.
We love grilling in the summertime and I love kabobs. I was looking everywhere for an easy marinade recipe and couldn’t find one so this is what I came up with. The marinade only requires 3 ingredients which is what I love the best about this recipe.
These Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs are perfect for warm summer nights and you’ll have plenty left over so go ahead and invite your neighbors for dinner.Print
Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs
- I can of Pineapple Chunks
- 3/4 cups pineapple juice (reserved from can of pineapple chunks)
- 3–4 boneless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/3 cup less-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large green pepper
- 1 large red pepper
- 2 zucchini
- 2 squash
- bamboo or metal skewers
- brown rice cooked according to package
- salt and pepper to taste
- Drain pineapple juice and reserve 3/4 cup of pineapple juice. Set pineapple aside.
- Mix pineapple juice, soy sauce, and brown sugar in bowl. Add chicken and let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, cut zucchini, squash into 1/2 inch chunks and cut green pepper and red pepper into 1 inch chunks. Also, soak skewers in water if you are using bamboo skewers.
- Thread vegetables, pineapple and chicken on skewers. Pour left over marinade over kabobs and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Set your gas grill to medium-high heat and arrange kabobs on grill. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, turning often.
- Serve with brown rice.