I’m so excited that tomorrow is Halloween. It’s one of my favorite days of the year. I love decorating the house, carving pumpkins and going to the pumpkin patch. I especially love going on haunted hayrides and watching scary Halloween movies.
Last night we finally got around to carving our pumpkins and since I love scary things, I thought it would be fun to make monster cookies. And, you definitely need something sweet to eat while you’re carving pumpkins.Print
Halloween Monster Cookies
- Sugar cookie dough
- Halloween sprinkles
- Reese’s peanut butter cups
- Candy eyes
- 1. Preheat oven according to cookie dough recipe.
- 2. Roll cookie dough into 1 1/1 inch balls. Then roll in Halloween sprinkles.
- 3. Bake according to cookie dough recipe.
- 4. As soon as you pull the cookies out of the oven, sprinkle with more sprinkles to cover entire cookie.
- 5. Add a Reese’s peanut butter cup to center of each cookie and add candy eye to center of each of peanut butter cup. (The Reese’s peanut butter cup will start to melt a little allowing the candy eye to stay in place.)
Let cookies cool and enjoy. I’m pretty sure you can’t go wrong with any recipe that calls for sprinkles and Reese’s peanut butter cups.
And, if you missed it, you have to check out the awesome Halloween wreath I shared this week. I just love it so much.
I hope everyone has a happy Halloween!