This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RealFlavorRealFast #CollectiveBias
Nothing says spring like warm weather and an easy dinner cooked on the grill. I don’t know about you but we love a quick meal that we can throw on the grill while sitting on the deck with a drink in our hands. It’s the perfect way to relax after a busy day.
Today I’m sharing a delicious recipe for Grilled Vegetable Salad with Pork Kabobs. Who needs a regular salad when you can have one full of grilled vegetables topped with fresh marinated pork kabobs! This is one of those dishes that is perfect for serving to guests but easy enough to make on a busy week night.
The best part about this meal is the Smithfield Applewood Smoked Bacon Loin Filet I picked up at my local Walmart. I love that the fresh pork is already marinated thanks to Smithfield® – and it’s topped with bacon. They definitely had me at bacon.
This recipe is awesome because the grill does most of the work for you. That’s a win-win for all of us. The prep work just requires cutting up your favorite veggies and placing the fresh pork on skewers.
Once everything comes off the grill, serve over fresh spinach and mixed greens. You can add your favorite salad dressing to the grilled veggies but this is totally optional. The grilled veggies are basted in balsamic vinaigrette so they’re already full of flavor. And, you definitely don’t need to add anything to the Smithfield Applewood Smoked Bacon Loin Filet kabobs. This is my go-to meat when I need an easy meal. I can always count on Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork to create a meal with real flavor, real fast.
Make sure you add Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork to your grocery list. They are available in a variety of flavors so your sure to find a few that your family will love. Not only does it provide a delicious meal for any night of the week but it can easily be prepared in a variety of ways including, grilled, roasted or sautéed. Look for them in the refrigerated meat section of your local Walmart. You won’t be disappointed – I promise.
And, guess what? There’s an Ibotta rebate that you can use to save $1.00 off your next Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork items. Gotta love a great Ibotta rebate!
Grilled Vegetable Salad with Pork Kabobs
- Smithfield Applewood Smoked Bacon Loin Filet
- 3 bell peppers, cut into large strips
- 2 small yellow squash (or 1 large), sliced
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- asparagus, cut into 3 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon Herbs De Provence seasoning
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- Microgreens (optional)
- Add vegetables to bowl. Pour 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette over vegetables and mix well. Sprinkle Herbs De Provence over vegetables and continue to mix.
- Place veggies on grill pan. Grill over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, basting with reserved dressing. Mix vegetables and continue to grill for 5-7 minutes.
- Cut Smithfield Fresh Porkt into 2 inch thick pieces. Add 5 pieces to skewers. Grill for 15 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Place a spoonful of grilled vegetable over fresh spinach. Sprinkle micro greens over grilled vegetables. Top with pork kabobs.
- Serve with extra balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
Follow Smithfield® on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest for more delicious recipes and don’t forget to scan your Walmart coupon to receive your Ibotta rebate.