Decorate your home for Halloween with this fun and easy Family Ghost Handprint Garland.
Today I’m sharing a fun little project that Connor and I worked on over the weekend.
First, I love any project that includes Connor’s handprint and I needed some kind of Halloween decoration for a mirror that we have in our entry way. I thought a Ghost Handprint garland would be perfect. At first I was just going to use Connor’s handprint but then Connor suggested that we make a Family Ghost Handprint Garland.
So that’s what we did.
Isn’t it cute? I’m pretty sure that everyone needs a Family Ghost Handprint Garland in their home for Halloween!
And it’s super easy to make.
- white paint
- paint brush
- black craft foam sheets or black cardstock
- exacto knife
- googly eyes
- glue gun and glue sticks (or any kind of glue)
Directions: (I’m not sure you really need these but here they are just in case)
- Paint entire hand white and press on black foam .
- Once the paint dries, cut around the shape of your hand.
- Glue googly eyes with your handy dandy glue gun. You can use any kind of glue. I just like the glue gun because it dries so fast.
- Cut two small slits at the top of each hand using the exacto knife and thread your ribbon through the openings.
- Add all your ghosts to the ribbon leaving a space between each one.
- Hang and admire your adorable family ghost handprint garland.
So, what do you think?
Have I inspired you to make one?
It’s a great Halloween craft to do with the entire family. I think it would also be a fun little project to do at school with students. I would totally do it if I taught elementary school. My 6th graders would not be that excited about this but maybe I can convince them to do it. I’ll keep you posted on how that goes.