Create your own DIY stenciled doormat with your Cricut and this fabulous collection of free SVG cut files.
Have you tried creating your own doormats with your Cricut? It’s pretty easy if you have a vinyl cutter and I’m excited to share a fabulous collection of SVG cut files that you can download for free to use with your next doormat DIY project.
Tips for Creating a DIY Stenciled Doormat
I’m sharing a few important tips that I’ve learned when making my own DIY stenciled doormats that will definitely help with your own project.
- Use a Coir door mat. I usually get them at Ikea but I’ve also seen them at Target, Home Depot, and Walmart.
- I recommend using freezer paper or HTV vinyl and the Cricut EasyPress Mini.
- If you only have removeable vinyl, use a blow dryer to heat the vinyl once it’s on the mat. This helps it stick better.
- I prefer using spray paint to paint my mats. You can also use outdoor paint and a foam brush or Flex Seal spray paint.
- Seal your finished door mat with polyurethane sealer or clear Flex Seal.
- Let mat dry for 24-48 hours before using.
- Don’t forget painter’s tape. You will definitely need it!
Come In We’re Awesome Free SVG Cut File
To download this free cut, just add your name and email in the form below and these FREE cut files will be delivered right to your inbox. Then, open your email and save the SVG file to your computer. It’s that easy!
Once the cut file is saved to your computer, it’s time to upload them to Cricut’s Design Space. If you have a Silhouette, you will upload them to Silhouette Studio. Next, add your vinyl to your cutting mat and let your machine work it’s magic. This part never gets old – does it? Don’t forget to mirror your image if you’re using iron-on vinyl.
Doormat SVG Collection
Want the full collection of doormat cut files? Visit the links below to download each design.
- Please Leave by 9 by The Country Chic Cottage
- There’s, Like, a Lot of Kids in Here by Brooklyn Berry Designs
- Welcome, Y’all by Pineapple Paper Co.
- Hello by Hello Creative Family
- Hello, Sunshine by Happiness is Homemade
- There’s, Like, Hella Kids in Here by Everyday Party Magazine
- Come In, We Are Awesome by Happy Go Lucky
- Shut the Front Door by Artsy-Fartsy Mama
- Welcome, We Hope You Like Big Dogs by Pattern Revolution
- Nice Shoes by Crafting in the Rain
- Did You Call First by Mad in Crafts
PERSONAL USE ONLY
- This file is for personal use only. When you download a free file on this website, it is licensed for personal use. You may use the item for unlimited personal use. (You can make shirts, home decor, mugs, etc. for yourself and as gifts as often as you like.)
- If you make and sell handcrafted items using files downloaded for free from Happy Go Lucky, you will need to obtain a commercial license found HERE.
- This file can be used in part or in whole for your personal projects.
- The files can be modified, re-sized, subtracted and added.
- Digital reselling, sharing, redistributing of the files is NOT allowed. In order to share, use the direct URL to this page.
LOOKING FOR MORE FREEBIES?
Did you know that we’ve been sharing free SVG cut files together for over a year. Find the entire collection HERE and check out a few of my favorites:
- Planner SVG Collection
- Unicorn SVG File Collection
- Beach SVG File Collection
- Teacher Cut File Collection
I also have a fun collection of free printables for home decor, gifts and more. And, if you have any ideas or requests for free cut files and printables, please let me know in the comments below or send me an email.
Happy crafting my friends! What will you make with this collection of free cut files? Please share your fabulous creations and make sure you tag us on Instagram – @happy_go_lucky_blog.