Creamy Smoked Sausage, Tomato, and Tortellini Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 package Eckrich Smoked Sausage, sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans (14 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 squash, slices
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen tortellini
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Add olive oil to dutch oven and coat bottom evenly. Heat over medium heat. Add onion and saute for 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and continue to saute.
- Add sliced smoked sausage and cook until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in chicken broth, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and red pepper flakes. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Slowly add in zucchini, squash, and tortellini. Cook until tortellini is tender.
- Turn heat to low and stir in spinach. Let cook for 3-5 minutes. Stir in cream, Parmesan cheese and basil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm. Garnish with additional basil and Parmesan cheese for topping.