A few months ago I shared a fun tutorial on Ladybird Ln and thought I would share it again in case you missed it.
My husband is in the Navy and is getting ready to go out to sea for 6 months. This will be his first deployment since Connor was born so I’ve been trying to come up with ways to make the separation easier on us all.
I decided it would be fun to create a photo collage on the pillowcase that he will take on the ship with him. This way we are the first thing he sees in the morning when he wakes up and the last thing he sees when he goes to sleep at night.
It was a super easy project and so much fun. I also think it would make a cute sleepover craft.
- Any color pillow case
- Iron on transfer sheets
- Iron on letters or fabric markers (optional)
- Camara, computer and printer
- Print the pictures onto the transfer paper.
- Cut out the pictures. I had a few pictures printed in the shape of stars but you can cut them into any shape you want.
- Iron the pictures onto the pillowcase. Just make sure you follow the directions on the package.
- Iron on a little message using the iron on letters. I also thought it would be cute to write a little message using fabric markers. If you made these at a sleepover, I think it would be cute to have everyone write a little message.
- Then put your pillow inside, place on your bed and enjoy!
Very easy and so much fun to have!
Now I need to make photo collage pillowcase for Connor to keep on his bed. I think I’m also going to make a grandparents pillowcase for Connor since we live out of state and don’t see them as often as we would like.
I hope this inspires you to make a simple keepsake for someone special.