What do you get when you combine brownies, cherries, buttercream icing and chocolate chips? Chocolate Covered Cherry Brownies.
If you love chocolate covered cherries, you’re going to love this recipe. To make these delicious Chocolate Covered Cherry Brownies you’re going to start with a layer of chewy brownies, add a layer of cherry buttercream icing and top it all off with a thin layer of chocolate. How delicious does that sound?! It’s three of my favorite things all in one recipe – brownies, cherries, and buttercream icing. YUM!
These brownies are perfect for any holiday celebration, birthday, or just because you’re craving something sweet. You definitely don’t need a reason to make these Chocolate Covered Cherry Brownies but they are fun to share only because they’re so pretty. You’re definitely going to want to show these bad boys off to your friends and family.
My favorite thing about these brownies is that they are pretty easy to make and I already had all the ingredients in my pantry. Don’t be intimidated by the long list of ingredients and directions. Remember, I’m all about the easy recipes! I whipped these delicious brownies up while Easton was taking his morning nap with plenty of time left to watch The View and drink a cup of coffee. Now that’s a productive morning.
Well, don’t take my word for it. Pick up a few jars of Cherry Man maraschino cherries and make these Chocolate Covered Cherry Brownies ASAP. And believe me when I say – they taste just like a chocolate covered cherry!Print
Chocolate Covered Cherry Brownies
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 3/4 (1 1/2 sticks) butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
Cherry Buttercream Icing:
- 1 12 ounce jar CherryMan maraschino cherries
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon half and half or milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoon maraschino cherry juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 35o degrees. Line a 13 x 9 baking pan with aluminum foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- Combine sugar, butter, and water in large bowl. Stir in eggs and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, mix together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually stir in flour mixture to sugar mixture. Continue to mix until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread into prepared baking pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
Cherry Buttercream Icing
- Remove cherries from jar. Reserve cherry juice. Chop cherries
- Cream together butter, powdered sugar, half and half, cherry juice, and almond extract in mixing bowl. Add chopped cherries and stir using a spatula.
- Spread cherry icing over brownies.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate and butter uncovered for 30 seconds. Stir and continue to microwave in 15 second increments until chocolate is smooth. Spread evenly over cherry icing.