Cherry Streusel Bars – A sugar cookie crust with a layer of cherries and topped with a delicious streusel topping. All I can say is YUM!
I love any recipe that calls for cherries!
These cherry streusel bars are delicious and so easy to make!! I promise you won’t be disappointed.Print
Cherry Streusel Bars
- 1 package of sugar cookie mix
- 1/3 cup of butter (softened)
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 can of cherry pie filling
- 1/4 cup of oats
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray bottom of 8 inch pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine cookie mix, butter, flour, almond extract, and egg.
- Press half of dough into bottom of pan. Cook for 15 minutes
- While the base is cooking, add oats, brown sugar, and walnuts to remaining dough.
- Remove base from oven and spread with pie filling. Crumble remaining dough over the pie filling.
- Cook for an additional 20-25 minutes or until crumbs are light golden brown. Let cool and cut into bars.
I’m not really a baker so the fact that these cherry bars turned out and taste great shows that anyone can make them.
They can be made with any type of pie filling. I think I’m going to try apple next time. What is your favorite pie filling flavor?