Connor loves cherries so over the weekend I surprised him with these adorable Cherry Heart Pies. He loved them so much that he asked if we could make them again together for an afternoon snack.
And, since they are so easy to make, I gladly said yes. These are so easy that a 7 year old can make them while eating cherry pie filling right out of the can.Print
Cherry Heart Pies
- 1 can of cherry pie filling
- 1 package of refrigerated pie crusts
- egg wash (1 egg beaten with a tablespoon of milk)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll pie crusts on floured surface. Use heart cookie cutter to cut as many hearts as you can from pie crust.
- Lay half of the hearts on baking sheet. Spoon pie filling in center of each heart.
- Place another heart over each the pie filling. Seal edges with a fork.
- Brush the top of each pie with egg wash.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until pies are golden brown. While pies are baking, make icing by mixing powdered sugar and milk.
- Once pies have cooled, drizzle with icing and add sprinkles.
Adding the icing and sprinkles is totally optional but it makes it so much more festive and everything tastes better with icing!
It’s always fun finding recipes that Connor can help me with and I’m convinced that everything is much better when it’s in the shape of a heart.
Do you have a favorite heart shaped dessert?