Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Chicken, buffalo sauce, and cheese sandwiched between two pieces of Texas toast creates the best grilled cheese sandwich ever!
- 1 large chicken breast – shredded
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce – I used Texas Pete Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons blue cheese dressing (you could also use ranch dressing)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 slices Texas toast
- Mix shredded chicken, hot sauce, mayo, and blue cheese dressing in a small bowl.
- Heat your pan on medium heat.
- I placed two slices of Texas toast on the pan and heated one side for about 30 seconds to melt the butter. Then I flipped them over to the other side.
- Sprinkle enough cheese to cover one slice of bread, top cheese with the chicken salad, sprinkle with more cheese and top with the other slice of bread.
- Grill and flip until each side is golden brown and the cheese has melted.
This recipe was even better than I expected it to be – It was AMAZING!! I loved the combination of buffalo chicken with the Texas toast. This was the first time I used Texas toast to make a grilled cheese sandwich and it is going to be hard to make one with wheat bread the next time. It really makes the sandwich taste so much better.