Black Eyed Pea Dip Recipe – The perfect New Year’s Eve Appetizer!
It’s time to add another important food to our New Year’s Day menu. Many people believe that eating black-eyed peas on New Year’s Day is thought to bring prosperity in the new year. Well, we can all certainly use more luck so I whipped together the perfect dip for New Year’s Day.
The great thing about this dip is you can serve it with chips or you can eat it as a salad. And to be honest – I love it both ways. It’s a healthy salad and the perfect dip. I’ll be serving this while we relax and watch football on New Year’s Day and I might even make more to have for lunch throughout the week.
This is the perfect party recipe because you can make it ahead of time and your guests can eat it as a dip or a salad. I actually think it tastes better when prepared ahead of time because it brings out all the zesty flavors.Print
Black-Eyed Pea Dip
Many people believe that eating black-eyed peas on New Year’s Day is thought to bring prosperity in the new year. Well, we can all certainly use more luck so I whipped together the perfect New Year’s Day appetizer.
- 1 can (15 ounce) black-eyed peas
- 1 can (15 ounce) black beans
- 1 can (15 ounce) corn
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 onion, dice
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (1 lime)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Rinse and drain black-eyed peas, black beans, and corn.
- Mix all ingredients in large bowl.
- Refrigerate before serving. Garnish with cilantro.