Baked Churro Bites with Caramel Apple Dipping Sauce
- 1 package Puff Pastry Sheets (2 sheets)
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
Caramel Apple Dipping Sauce:
- 1 can (20 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 cup caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Unfold and cut each puff pastry sheet into 4 sections and then each of those sections into 1 inch strips. (32 small strips all together)
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- While churros are baking, mix cinnamon and sugar in small bowl.
- Remove churros from oven and dip in butter and then roll in cinnamon sugar mixture. Let cool on wire rack.
- To make caramel apple dipping sauce, mix apple pie filling and caramel in small sauce pan. Cut apple chunks into smaller pieces with knife or whisk. I used my chop and stir tool.
- Pour caramel apple dipping sauce into small bowl and serve with baked churro bites.