It’s National Popcorn Day so it’s time to pop some popcorn and enjoy a bowl of Candy Popcorn. This recipe is easy and delicious – the perfect sweet treat!
There is nothing better than watching a movie while enjoying a bowl of popcorn. But, I have a major sweet tooth so I prefer Candy Popcorn over regular popcorn. Since it only takes about 5 minutes to make Candy Popcorn, I can make this sweet treat quickly for the entire family to enjoy.
This recipe is so simple and I bet you have all the ingredients. Add any color food coloring or omit it out completely – it just makes it more festive. You can even make it festive – pink for Valentine’s Day, red, white, and blue for 4th of July, red and green for Christmas – their are so many possibilities.
Are you suddenly craving Candy Popcorn? Whip up this sweet treat tonight and enjoy!
I also like that this popcorn can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container so you are stocked up for all your family movie nights. YUM!
This Candy Popcorn Recipe is easy and delicious – the perfect combination of sweet and salty! It’s time sit back and relax with a big bowl of candy popcorn.
- 1 bag of microwaved popcorn – popped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- food coloring (optional)
- Add popcorn to large bowl.
- In medium sauce pan, bring sugar, water, butter to a boil over medium heat. Add a few drops of food coloring.
- Continue to boil for 4 minutes while stirring.
- Pour over popcorn and mix quickly to coat popcorn evenly.
- Spread popcorn on max paper and let cool before eating.
Looking for another delicious popcorn recipe? You have to make S’mores Popcorn. All I’m going to say is – trust me on this one.