Celebrate the upcoming solar eclipse with Galaxy Slime!
Connor is totally obsessed with making slime and with the solar eclipse happening on Monday, we thought it would be fun to make Galaxy Slime.
How awesome it this slime?! It might be our favorite slime recipe. I love it because of the glitter and Connor likes it because anything slimy is cool to him.
Materials to make your own Galaxy Glitter Slime:
- Pink Glitter Glue
- Blue Glitter Glue
- Teal Glitter Glue
- 3 bowls
- Star sequins
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking soda, divided
- 3 – 5 tablespoons contact lens solution, divided
- Set out three bowls. Pour entire contents of each color glue in separate bowls.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of baking soda to each bowl of glue and mix. Pour star sequins in each bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of contact lens solution to each bowl.
- Mix until slime forms and it begins to get harder to mix. Continue to knead with both hands. If needed, add 1/4 – 1/2 tablespoon of contact lens solution until slime is no longer sticky.
Once you have your three colors of slime, now comes the fun part – twist the three colors together to form your fun and fabulous Galaxy Glitter Slime.
This was our first time making three different colors of slime and Connor loved twisting them together. I just wish there was a way to keep the different colors longer. I guess we’ll just have to make more today.
I will tell you that the star sequins are a little pointy so if you have younger children you might want to leave them out. Connor wasn’t sure about how they felt at first but he loved they way they looked so he got over it quickly. I personally liked the stars but I love shiny sequins so I’m not sure my opinion counts.
Happy crafting my friends!