Turn the classic Reuben sandwich into a Cheesy Reuben Dip!
Nothing says St. Patrick’s Day like a delicious Reuben sandwich! We went out to dinner last Friday night to an Irish pub that has the best Reuben sandwiches. I didn’t order one but I should have because I’ve been craving one ever since.
Well, now that it’s St. Patrick’s Day and we’re headed to a neighbor’s house for a St. Patrick’s Day party, I decided to turn the famous Reuben sandwich into a delicious appetizer that everyone can enjoy.
So today, I introduce you to the Cheesy Reuben Dip. Everything found in a Reuben sandwich can be found in this amazing dip recipe – swiss cheese, corned beef, thousand island dressing, and sauerkraut served with toasted rye bread. Doesn’t it just sound delicious?!
My favorite part of the classic Reuben is the rye bread but feel free to serve with crackers.
Besides tasting just like the sandwich, this recipe is awesome because it can be baked in the over or thrown in the slow cooker. Nothing has to be cooked ahead of time so this is a dump and bake recipe – my favorite kind of recipe. Just dump into a baking dish or slow cooker, mix it up, and walk away.
You all know this is my kind of cooking.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day! And, feel free to make this Cheesy Reuben Dip all year long.Print
Turn the classic Reuben sandwich into a Cheesy Reuben Dip! The perfect St. Patrick’s Day appetizer.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island dressing
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese (divided)
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, drained
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 8 ounces deli corned beef, chopped
- Rye bread, sliced and toasted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine cream cheese, dressing, a cup of Swiss cheese, sauerkraut, Greek yogurt, and corned beef in large bowl. Mix well.
- Spread mixture in baking dish. Sprinkle 1/2 cup Swiss cheese over mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker except rye bread. Cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut slices of rye bread int half. Then cut each half slice into 4 triangles. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.