This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KetchupWithFrenchs #CollectiveBias
Are you hosting a party for the big game coming up? We pretty much have a house full of people every Sunday for football so I’ve rounded up a list of stress-free party tips that are perfect for any football party your hosting. These are really great for any party your hosting but we love a big game party around here.
1. My #1 tip is to prepare as much food ahead of time and use your slow cooker to do the work for you. There are so many great recipes out there that don’t require a lot of ingredients. Pick appetizers that are quick and easy to make. You don’t want to be stuck in the kitchen while everyone is watching the game.
I’m all about recipes that require less than five ingredients. These Ultimate Party Meatballs are always a huge hit and only require four ingredients. You just can’t beat that! All you have to do is dump the meatballs, cranberry sauce, French’s Ketchup, and brown sugar in the slow cooker and walk away. Stir occasionally and you have one of the easiest appetizers ever.
2. Have your guests bring food and drinks. It’s okay to have people bring something and it’s okay to ask people to bring food with them, even if it’s just a bag of chips.
3. Divide your slow cooker into two sections so you can make two different appetizers at one time. This might be the BEST tip I ever discovered. All you need to do this is aluminum foil and slow cooker liners. How awesome is this! I can’t believe I didn’t think of this sooner. This is a genius slow cooker hack that is PERFECT when hosting a party.
4. Set up stations in different areas of your dining room. I like to set up a drink station, a station for plates and utensils, and a food station. This also keeps people out of the kitchen. If you don’t have a dining room, set these stations up away from the oven to keep people out of your way.
Don’t forget to attach a bottle opener to the ice bucket at your drink station.
5. Turn a muffin pan into a condiment holder. This is such a simple tip. Fill a muffin tin with ketchup, mustard, salsa – any side your guests will need while watching the big game.
6. Use food to hold dips. This means you’ll have less dishes to clean later and it looks pretty. I love the idea of filling peppers with dip for a veggie tray and using a pineapple to hold a fruit salsa.
7. Have fun games for the kids to play during the game. The older kids can play football bingo while the younger kids can color football pictures. This way they’re occupied during the game too.
8. Have FUN! Relax and have a great time hanging out with your friends while watching the big game.
Head to Walmart to pick up everything you need to host a fun party for the big game. And, make sure you stock up on French’s Ketchup. It’s the perfect complement to all your favorite foods and allows you to make great recipes like these delicious meatballs. Plus, French’s Ketchup uses real ingredients, like real sugar and high quality tomatoes, which make it taste great! It has no GMOs, high fructose corn syrup, preservatives, or artificial flavors and colors.
And guess what? They’ve partnered with Feeding America and will be donating 10 million meals in 2017.