10 Ways to Jazz Up Muffin Mix – Take a simple muffin mix and make them even better with these delicious tips.
Now that I’m not working this year, our mornings have gotten a lot less hectic. I actually have time to make Connor’s breakfast instead of handing him something as we run out the door.
Recently while shopping at Kroger, Connor picked out a few packs of Martha White’s Muffin Mix and asked if I could make him muffins for breakfast. After looking at the package and seeing that all I need is milk to make the muffins, I knew that they would be perfect for breakfast.
I usually wake up around 6 am so I can drink my coffee, feed the baby, and watch the news which also gives me plenty of time to whip up a batch of muffins.
And since we are such big fans of muffins, I thought it would be fun to share 10 Ways to Jazz up Muffin Mix to make them taste even better:
- Add fresh fruit – bananas, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries
- Add nuts and/or dried fruit
- Dip the tops in melted butter and then roll in cinnamon and sugar
- Add a streusel topping
- Use fruit juice instead of the liquid listed in the directions
- Add chocolate chips, butterscotch chips or white chocolate chips
- Drop spoonful of mix to cookie sheets and make muffin tops
- Make waffles instead of muffins. Or even donuts would be fun if you have a donut pan.
- Add a spoonful of cream cheese, peanut butter, jelly or Nutella to each muffin
- Substitute half the liquid with sour cream or Greek yogurt
The other morning I took a pack of Martha White’s Blueberry muffins and added two things from the list above – a cream cheese filling and a streusel topping – to create delicious Blueberry Cream Cheese Muffins.Print
Blueberry Cream Cheese Muffins
- 1 package blueberry muffin mix
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Prepare muffin mix according to directions on package.
- Line muffin pan with liners. Divide 1/2 the batter among muffin liners.
- In medium bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar. Divide cream cheese among batter in muffin pan. Top with remaining batter.
- Combine streusel topping ingredients using a fork until it looks like sand. Sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake according to package directions.
Mornings can still be a little hectic but at least we have time to make and enjoy these delicious muffins.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of J.M. Smucker’s®. The opinions and text are all mine.