Now that hubby is home, we’ve been able to enjoy our date nights again. Our date nights are nothing fancy. My idea of a fun night is sitting home in my yoga pants with wine and ice cream.. Our favorite thing to do is sit on our deck and listen to music or watch our favorite shows that we’ve recorded throughout the week.
Last Saturday night, we put Connor to bed, watched a few episodes of Criminal Minds and we each enjoyed a bowl of ice cream.
Have you tried Breyers Gelato Indulgences yet? I have to admit that I had never had gelato before and I may never eat regular ice cream again. It is so much creamier than regular ice cream!
Breyers Gelato Indulgences is available in four delicious variets:
- Vanilla Caramel features creamy vanilla gelato topped with luscious caramel sauce and gourmet caramelly curls.
- Raspberry Cheesecake features cheesecake gelato topped with luscious raspberry sauce and gourmet graham crumble.
- Tiramisu features mascarpone gelato topped with espresso sauce, ladyfinger cookie pieces and sprinkled with gourmet cocoa.
- Triple Chocolate features milk chocolate and dark chocolate gelatos topped with white chocolate sauce and chocolatey curls.
My favorite is definitey the Tiramisu! I also loved the Rasperry Cheesecake. I could eat the entire container all by myself.
And after our relaxing stay-at-home date night, I decided to search for more date night ideas that don’t require me to change out of my pajama pants or to put shoes on. It’s always fun to come up with new things to do together.
I’ve created a list of 10 stay-at-home date night ideas that I want to do this summer. They are all inexpensive and will require us to put our cell phones away and enjoy a night with no distractions:)
1. Do a puzzle or play a board game together
2. Play a card game together. Might need to learn first:) I think my husband only knows how to play poker.
3. Create a bucket list together – we did this before we got married but I think we need a new list.
4. Complete a crossword puzzle together
5. Play 20 Questions – This is my favorite thing to do. While hubby was deployed, I emailed him a question a day. Then we both answered the question. It really helped us stay connected while he was gone.
6. Movie Night
7. Play The Newlywed Game together. I can’t wait to do this!!
8. Play a video game together.
9. Star gazing in the back yard while listening to music.
10. Order take-out and have a picnic in the living room.
It would also be fun to write down different date night ideas on slips of paper and place them in a jar. Then when it’s time for date night you can quickly grab an idea from the jar.
And don’t forget the dessert! You can’t have date night without a delicious treat.
Do you have any other ideas for stay-at-home dates?