Are you looking for an easy dinner to make tonight? Then, you have to make this Salsa Verde Chicken Bake Recipe. A 5 ingredient dinner recipe that’s easy to make and delicious – definitely a new family favorite dinner recipe!
Salsa Verde Chicken Bake – A delicious 5 ingredient dinner recipe
I’m just going to start by saying that this is my kind of dinner recipe. All you have to do is place the chicken breasts in the baking dish, add a jar of salsa verde and top with melted cheese. A one pot meal the entire family will love.
You just can’t beat one pot meals that require no prep work. Like I said before – this is my kind of dinner.
How to Serve Salsa Verde Chicken
Salsa Verde Chicken Bake is perfect with fresh sides. There are plenty of options that pair well with this chicken bake.
Traditional Side Dish Ideas:
- White Rice or Brown Rice
- Quinoa – This Cilantro Lime Quinoa recipe would go great with this dish.
Low Carb Side Dish Ideas:
- Cauliflower Rice
- Caesar Salad
- Vegetables – you can never go wrong with roasted vegetables
How to Make Salsa Verde Chicken Bake
This recipe is so easy to make. I’m not even sure I would call these directions. Just dump and bake!
Salsa Verde Chicken Bake Ingredients
- 3 chicken breasts – cut in half
- 1 – 15 ounces – jar Salsa Verde
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- Garnish with cilantro and chopped tomatoes. I think it would also taste great with fresh pico de gallo.
Salsa Verde Chicken Bake Directions
Place chicken in baking dish. Cover chicken with salsa verde making sure the chicken is completely covered. Bake chicken for 40 – 45 minutes or until chicken reaches 175 degrees internally. This dish is baked uncovered and I do recommend flipping the chicken half way through just to keep the tops from drying out.
Remove from oven and sprinkle cheese over chicken. Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is completely melted. You can also broil the chicken for 2-3 minutes if you are really hungry.
Looking for more easy dinner recipes to make this week?
- Dump and Bake Chicken Parmesan
- Dump and Bake Mexican Chicken
- Slow Cooker Fajitas
- One Pot Cheesy Sausage Pasta Skillet
Salsa Verde Chicken Bake Recipe
Salsa Verde Chicken Bake – Boneless chicken breasts topped with salsa verde and topped with melted cheese. An easy one pot dinner the entire family will love.
- 3 large chicken breasts – cut in half
- 1 (15 ounces) jar salsa verde
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1 tomato, diced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Line baking dish with chicken pieces.
- Cover chicken with salsa verde.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Flip Chicken and use a large spoon to cover chicken with salsa verde from baking dish.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 175 degrees.
- Sprinkle cheese over chicken and bake for an addition 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Add optional garnishes and serve immediately.