I’ve been struggling with a new year’s resolution and as everyone is sharing their word for the year, I started thinking about what my focus for 2017 should be. After reflecting on different things, I decided I’m going to commit to loving myself more.
New year resolutions shouldn’t just be about working out or eating right, it should be about being happy in our own skin and accepting ourselves for who we are. I truly believe that in order to be a better person to others, I have to put myself first.
Here’s how to love yourself – day in and day out.
- Let go of the past and live in the moment.
- Positive thoughts create positive things – ignore your inner critic and replace it with positive thoughts. Speak kindly to yourself!
- Stop trying to be perfect! Just remember – no one is perfect.
- Learn something new.
- Stop comparing yourself to others.
- Take care of your body.
- Stop overthinking things.
- Don’t be afraid to say “no”.
- Treat yourself to something nice. This might be a pedicure or it could be a nap. Take some time out of your busy day to take care of yourself.
- Surround yourself with loving people. Why waste your time with people who put you down when you can be around people who love you for you?
So, who’s with me? Let’s all commit to loving ourselves more!