This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. #CallieCrew #CollectiveBias
There is nothing better than inviting your besties over for a glass of wine and some girl talk. Don’t get me wrong, I love my hubby and my boys but sometimes we all need a little time with the girls.
I’m super lucky to have an awesome mom tribe and we all live on the same street. We actually met each other because we shared one common factor – we were pregnant:) It was really just a wonderful coincidence. Our husband happened to meet while outside doing yard work and somehow it came up that we were all pregnant. Well, the rest is history. Now we get together for coffee in the morning while the babes play and we have our wine time together at at least once a week after the babies go to sleep. Like I said – I know I’m lucky and there are many days I’m not sure I would survive this whole mom thing without my girls.
We also soon discovered after we had our babies that we all love to drink wine. So, to show my girls just how much I love them and appreciate them, I thought it would be fun to make them gold glitter dipped wine glasses. Can you really have too much gold glitter in your life? I don’t think so either.
I’ve been wanting to make fun wine bottle gift tags for awhile now so it just seemed like the perfect time. These are also fun because they can double as Christmas tree ornaments.
And of course you need a few bottles of wine to go with your glitter dipped wine glasses and fun wine bottle gift tags! We love trying new wine so I picked up a bottle Callie’s Red Blend and Callie’s Chardonney. I was initially drawn to the label but then I did a little research and learned that Callie Collection pays tribute to the beautiful California Central Coast. Their wines are balanced and easy to drink with beautiful aromas and fresh flavors. They are available in three varieties: a bright Pinot Grigio, balanced Chardonnay, and a fresh Red Blend. And one more thing – their wine is the first in the US to feature easy twist off/twist on corks. This provides sophistication of cork with the convenience of screwcap.
Is it too early for a glass of wine?
So, have I convinced you to make some fun glitter dipped wine glasses for your mom tribe? They’re easy and fun. This would also be a fun craft night project.
- wine glasses (stemless or regular)
- painter’s tape
- dishwasher safe Mod Podge
- paint brush
- extra fine glitter
- Wrap tape around wine glass.
- Brush on the Mod Podge. Add glitter over Mod Podge. Sprinkle extra glitter off and let dry for an hour or two.
- Add another layer of Mod Podge and glitter to mason jar. Carefully peel off tape.
- Add two more layers of Mod Podge over glitter.
- Let dry for at least 24 hours before using them to drink out of. Hand wash for a few weeks until the Mod Podge has cured.
*The dishwasher safe Mod Podge makes it top rack dishwasher safe. I still hand wash my wine glasses and mason jars so I’m not really sure how they hold up in the dishwasher. I used the dishwasher safe Mod Podge just to be safe.
Now the Wine Bottle Gift Tags are even easier to make.
- 4.5 x 3.5 wood rectangles
- Wine Bottle Gift Tags Free Printables
- Mod Podge
- paint brush
- black paint pen
- sand paper
- Drill holes in top of each piece of wood.
- Paint edges of wood black.
- Cut out printable gift tags. Use Mod Podge to adhere cardstock to wood. Add a layer of Mod Podge over gift tag.
- Once Mod Podge has dried, lightly sand edges. This will also remove any paper that is hanging over edges of wood.
- Add ribbon and hang on wine bottles
If you really don’t want to make anything or buy the materials, you can always just print the printables out and add them to the wine bottle with ribbon. It really can be that simple.
I can’t decide which I like better. I love the gold glitter dipped wine glasses but I’m loving the wine tags. I’m definitely going to make more for all of my favorite people.