I love quiche and I love making them for dinner. They are so easy – perfect for busy week nights! And I think you can make them ahead of time and freeze.
This sausage and red pepper quiche recipe is easy and so yummy. I used turkey sausage and you could easily add spinach or any other kind of veggie.
- 1 – 9 inch frozen pie shell
- 3/4 pounds hot or sweet sausage (I used sweet turkey sausage)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 1/4 cup grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup fat free half and half
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Bake shell in for 7 min or until it just golden.
- While shell is baking, remove sausage from casings and cook in large skillet. Dice red pepper and add to skillet. Break up sausage and stir until sausage is no longer pink. Drain mixture, discarding excess fat.
- Mix sausage and cheese in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the mixture in the bottom of the pie shell.
- Whisk together eggs, half and half and milk in bowl. Pour egg mixture over sausage mixture and bake on baking sheet for 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until center of quiche is no longer runny.