For this month’s Pinterest Challenge I finally decided to make Carrie with Children’s Bang Bang Shrimp recipe.
My husband and I have never been to Bonefish Grill but we’ve heard how awesome their Bang Bang Shrimp is so I’ve been wanting to make this recipe for awhile now.
The only problem – I’ve never fried anything before and I was afraid I would totally ruin the recipe.
So I headed over to my neighbor’s house and asked my neighbor’s Charles and Janett to cook the shrimp for us. Yep, that’s how it works on my fabulous street. I have the best neighbors ever!! Then we invited the other neighbors over to try this AWESOME shrimp.
Yes. when I say awesome, I mean AWESOME! I would highly recommend making Bang Bang Shrimp. I promise it will be a huge hit. We (ok my neighbor because I’m still too nervous to fry anything) also made chicken tenders and coated them with the same sauce. And I think I might like that even better than the shrimp
Bang Bang Shrimp – recipe adapted from Carrie with Children
- 1lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- Vegetable oil
For The Shrimp Batter
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 2 Tablespoons garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of milk
For The Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2-3 Tablespoons honey
- 1/4 Thai Sweet Chili Sauce (we used Kikkoman’s like the original recipe called for)
- 2-3 Tablespoons hot sauce
- Mix ingredients for sauce and set aside.
- Mix egg and milk in one bowl and mix flour, corn starch, garlic powder, salt and pepper in another bowl. Dredge shrimp in egg mixture and then dip in flour mixture. Fry in oil until lightly golden. (It should only take a few minutes to cook the shrimp).
- Remove shrimp and place on paper towel
- Place shrimp in bowl and pour a few tablespoons of sauce over shrimp. Mix together until shrimp is evenly coated. Add more sauce if needed.
Have you ever made or had Bang Bang Shrimp before? How did you like it?
And don’t forget to join this month’s Pinterest Challenge going on HERE.