And, let me tell you, they turned out even better than I thought they would! These truffles are delicious!! I'm not sure why I was worried. How can you go wrong with anything that includes Oreos and chocolate.
Recipe adapted from The Menu Mom
- 1 package of peanut butter creme Oreo cookies
- 1 8 ounce package of cream cheese (softened)
- 1 bag of chocolate chips
My steps since I do not have a food processor or an expensive mixer:
- Crush package of Oreos in a large ziplock bag.
- Place the softened cream cheese in the ziplock bag with the cookie crumbs and close. Mix it all up by squeezing it all around - this was definitely my favorite part for some reason.
- Place in refrigerator over night.
- Roll dough into balls and place in freezer.
- Melt chocolate using double boiler method
- Take around 5 - 7 dough balls out of the freezer at a time and dip in chocolate. I dipped the bottom half of each ball in the chocolate then placed in refrigerator for around 30 minutes. Then I dipped the top half of the ball in the chocolate.
- Place in refrigerator until you are ready to serve them.
What I learned from making this recipe:
This is my kind of recipe - only 3 ingredients!!
I don't like getting my hands dirty when I cook or bake.
Even though it is only 3 ingredients, there are many steps involved - But it was definitely worth the time.
I have no idea how people make smooth, beautiful covered truffles. I give you all the credit in the world because it is not easy. Mine did not turn out very cute, but luckily, they taste just as good!
Now it is time to see all the other delicious cheesecake recipes linked up to this month's Crazy Cooking Challenge.