I'm so exciting to be participating in the second round of Get Your Chef On hosted by two fab ladies - Jen over at Four Marrs and One Venus and Julie over at White Lights on Wednesday.
The secret ingredient is coconut and at first I was trying to find a dinner recipe that included coconut. But then my super smart friend, Stephanie, suggested that I try to recreate my favorite Starbuck's drink, Iced Mocha Coconut. And I couldn't believe I hadn't thought about that sooner!
So let's get right to it!!
- 8 ounces of brewed coffee
- Chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon sugar - I like my coffee sweet but if you don't, I would leave this out.
- Whipped Cream
- Now for the secret ingredient - Edy's Creamy Coconut Fruit Bars
- Brew your coffee. I always get Folger's Colombian.
- Pour about 2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup into your glass.
- Pour about 8 ounces of coffee into your glass.
- Now for the secret ingredient - Take one Edy's Creamy Coconut Fruit bar and just drop it into the glass. Ok, don't just drop it. Gently place in your glass. It will quickly dissolve.
- Add sugar if you want it sweeter.
- Add ice cubes. I personally don't like a lot of ice because I don't want it to get watered down. I really need to make the coffee ice cubes:)
- Add whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and coconut flakes to top if you want.
- Enjoy! I really think that it tastes just like the drink from Starbucks and I'm pretty picky when it comes to my coffee drinks.
I hope you try it for yourself then come back and tell me what you think.