This month's Crazy Cooking Challenge theme is Grilled Cheese Sandwiches!!
Who doesn't love a good grilled cheese sandwich?
I can't wait to see all the yummy recipes linked up.
But, first I'm sharing a fabulous new recipe that I had been wanting to try since I first pinned it. Closet Cooking shared a recipe for a Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich that looked and sounded delicious.
So as soon as I found out this month's theme was grilled cheese sandwiches, I immediately knew I had to make them.
And, let me tell you, these sandwiches sooooo delicious!! We loved them!
They taste great plus they are quick and easy to make - my kind of meal!!
Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe (makes 4 sandwiches)
- 1 large chicken breast - shredded
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce - I used Texas Pete Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons blue cheese dressing (you could also use ranch dressing)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 slices Texas toast
- Mix shredded chicken, hot sauce, mayo, and blue cheese dressing in a small bowl.
- Heat your pan on medium heat.
- I placed two slices of Texas toast on the pan and heated one side for about 30 seconds to melt the butter. Then I flipped them over to the other side.
- Sprinkle enough cheese to cover one slice of bread, top cheese with the chicken salad, sprinkle with more cheese and top with the other slice of bread.
- Grill and flip until each side is golden brown and the cheese has melted.
I can't wait to make them again. And I can't wait to see all the other fabulous grilled cheese sandwiches linked up to this month's Crazy Cooking Challenge.