I was so excited when I found out this month’s Crazy Cooking Challenge was to find a spaghetti with red sauce recipe because I had just pinned this recipe and I couldn’t wait to make it for my family!!
I modified the recipe a little because there are only 3 of us and I didn’t want a ton of leftovers. But I do have to thank For Mamas for sharing a fabulous recipe!
- 1 large jar of spaghetti sauce (you could do a regular size jar but I like lots of sauce)
- 2 cups of mozzarella cheese
- ½ box of whole wheat spaghetti noodles
- 1 pound of ground beef or italian sausage
- Enough pepperoni to layer on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook ground beef/Italian sausage and noodles (separately)
- Spoon a little of sauce on to the bottom of a 9×9 pan
- Layer 1: Add half of the noodles
- Layer 2: Add half of the ground beef or Italian sausage
- Layer 3: Add half of the sauce
- Layer 4: Add half of the cheese
- Layer 5: Add the rest of the noodles
- Layer 6: Add the rest of the meat
- Layer 7: Add the rest of the sauce
- Layer 8: Add the rest of the cheese
- Layer 9: Spread the pepperoni out over the cheese
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes. Then remove aluminum foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
I highly recommend this recipe! It was a huge hit!! Connor and my husband have both been asking for it again.
Now it’s time to check out all the other spaghetti recipes linked up to this month’s Crazy Cooking Challenge. This is going to be so much fun!!