I wanted to create a fun activity to do with Connor this month that was related to St. Patrick’s Day and will also help him learn to follow directions a little better.
All you need are the following:
- The clues. Feel free to use the ones I’ve already made.
- Green paper to print the clues on (optional)
- Gold coins or a prize
- Black pot (optional)
- Print out the clues provided on green paper or have your child color them before you play.
- Hide clues 2-18 around the house and place a pot of gold (the prize) at the location of your last clue. You can choose to do all 18 clues or stop at any number depending on your child’s age and attention span:) My two year old could probably only handle about 8 or 10 before he wanted his pot of gold.
- You will want to place the clues according the next clues picture or description. Ex. Clue 1 is a table, so you will want to place clue 2 on or under a table. Then they will know to look for clue 3 near the refrigerator, and etc.
- Provide you child with the first clue.
- Final step: Enjoy watching your child or children find the pot of gold!
I also put the clues in regular boxes so they can be used all year long. You can also cut the clue number off each card if you want to switch the clues around the next time you play.
Just make sure you have fun and enjoy the pot of gold at the end!!
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy this activity!